Sunday 14 February 2016

Greetings Programs!

Top of the day to all you wonderful people out in the dubya dubya dubya!
     
       I've created this little blog as a spot where I can share my many Fandom's with all who care to read! The intention of this blog is somewhere I can post and document my growing collection of collectible. Here you will find posts ranging from Funkos to action figures to books! I love many different fandoms and what better way to share my passion then to millions of strangers right?  (cheeky I know :p)

Just a little about me, I'm a geek. There you have it!


Father and Son....there's a little resemblance no? 
       Okay maybe a little bit more then. I've been a sci fi fan for as along as I can remember. Growing up I followed the familiar path of many "geeks" by being exposed to the what I like to call "SCI FI fan building blocks" such as Star Trek and Star Wars, the gateways to the obsession. Of course there needed to be a catalyst in my life and that catalyst was my Father. My father whom he himself is a certified geek. had me watching Star Trek Next Generation from the moment I was born. Star Trek was very much part of my childhood but it wasn't until the age of 6 or 7 that things really picked up for me when he had me watch Star Wars. (hold for gasp) And guess what?...I thought it was boring! But fast forward to a year later to 1997 when Lucasfilms remastered the trilogy and my Father took to see A New Hope in theaters What was wrong me?! Why did I say this was boring?!
Sneak peak of the Funko Pop army
Had a grown so wise between the age of 6 and 7? No something just clicked, and that something is just the capacity to grow and appreciate something even after you've been exposed to it and did nothing for you. To that point, that transition or "growth" is something I hope to highlight in this blog. There were things I was not into as a kid that I am now, comics for that matter. For example, I never read comic books as a kid, I would just watch the animated series of Batman, Spider-Man and Superman, it was until 6 months or so ago I started getting into comic books and discovering that whole world.
And this is something I love to happen. When there is an "Awakening" (see what I did there?) and a new obsession is ignited. In this the decade of the 2010s, it is a time of pure abundance of nerdisms and geekisms and fandomisms; its the decade of isms! Never has there been a time of acceptance and popularity in the realm of Fandoms; it truly is the golden age.

        So I invite you to stay tuned and be part of my journey into the exploration of the abundance of geek stuff! Stay tuned as I share collectibles I accumulated in the past as a child and my ever growing new additions.

        Please feel free to comment and respond if something here clicks with you and we will grow together!




No comments:

Post a Comment