Tuesday 3 May 2016

Kylo Ren 6" Black Series Figurine

Howdy fellow Geeks and Nerds!
     Let's take a minute to talk Black Series Star Wars Action Figures. more specific the 6" series. What a great bunch of molds! If you can stomach the $30.00 price tag you'd be hard pressed not find value in adding these to any collection!
   Since the release of The Force Awakens I've been scouring the toy stores...(well okay the 2 in town) looking for a kick ass Kylo Ren action figure. He's quickly become one of my favorite villains in the franchise. Yeah I've heard it all " he's such a baby, he's weak in the force if Rey was able to defeat him in a saber battle" Blah blah blah. All I have to say is I love his path to the dark side. The way they portrayed him as a Vader fanboy really speaks to me. Darth Vader is such an iconic being, the thought of a following is not far fetched,
      The entire costume is a reflection of his character. It's very quickly put together, its made of pieces of torn material, the helmet has been damaged and not been repaired. Kylo is impatient and full of anger. I mean you are of the same blood line as Darth Vader, who wouldn't feel unworthy! The scene after he gets injured where he is literally hitting his wound to seep out the pain to call on the Dark Side of The Force was a great touch. Just to elaborate a little more on that scene, many Dark Side Force users use physical pain to use their anger to become stronger in The Force. I recently finished a Legends book from the Knights of the Old Republic Story line about "Revan" and the Sith character did the very same thing. It's those small details in which you see Kylo Ren immerse himself in the Dark Side which really make me a fan of his.
  The Grandson of Anakin Skykwalker, Kylo Ren is the new face of the Dark Side and the Hasbro Black Series figure has done a great job representing this  Please enjoy the following photos I took of my first ever Black Series Action Figure!
.




No comments:

Post a Comment